I/We hereby appoint Street Smart Property Management Ltd to act as my/our sole agent on the terms and conditions set out below with respect to the property stated below.
Features of the Property
I/We authorise and instruct you:
To find applicants: To advertise for tenants and to receive applications and to select the best applicant on merit.
Bond: I authorise you to collect a three week bond and to pay it direct to the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment on my behalf whether or not the bond lodgement form bears my/our signature.
Letting fee: I direct you to collect the letting fee from the tenant in terms S.17 (4) (c) Residential Tenancies Act 1986.
Rent: I instruct you to let the premises for not less than the below rent amount entered per week and collect 1 week rent in advance.
Minimum Period: From the date of this authority, the property will be available for renting for the minimum period selected below.
Tenancy agreement: I authorise you to use any tenancy agreement form you deem appropriate and to sign it on our behalf.
Possession: I will give the tenant the keys and grant possession.
As the owner I agree that it is my responsibility to do the following:
1. Complete a written property inspection form on granting occupation.
2. Complete a water meter reading on granting possession.
3. Complete a chattels list if appropriate before granting possession.
4. To ensure that you have been paid your letting fee by the tenant before granting possession to the tenant. If I omit to check that
you have been paid your letting fee and you have not been paid then I agree to pay your letting fee upon demand.
5. Not to advertise in competition with you.
6. Am aware there is a 1 week rent plus $150 + GST admin fee for this casual letting service in which I will be invoiced.
I attach my details to enable you to prepare a tenancy agreement:
My bank account details are:
I/We warrant that all information supplied by us is correct ad that where there is more than one owner that I have authority to bind other co-owners.